Sunday, November 28, 2010

Tarot throughout my life

I don't know why I haven't shared this in the past. I suppose it's because this blog was started mostly for my own personal use and I know the story well. But time has a way of fading and softening memories. I don't want to forget or loose sight of how strong of a spiritual tool the tarot has become to me. So herein follows the story of my involvement owning and using tarot decks

I bought a deck at Chapters in my teens and was amazed. At the time I admit to testing the cards by doing readings for friends without their consent. I was never into using them to forecast love interests, but used them more to understand and support friends to cope with life struggles. I didn't know at the time that it was considered in poorer taste and equivalent to eavesdropping. I did always tell them the outcomes and they were kind enough not to take offense.

My mom was a little uncomfortable so I wasn't very open or free to pull the cards out when the mood suited. Then I moved in with my SO and they made him more uncomfortable. At the time they didn't seem as powerful a tool or as strong of a spiritual outlet as they do to me now, so I left them in a box at my mom's and didn't pine for them.

Two or three years ago, a kind open minded fellow fae lover and friend was moved to buy me the Mystic Faerie deck. She reads and has a large collection (ohhh, she also the one who told me about AT " hi Nimbus" ). The fae and the years together combined to somehow put my SO at ease... and my love and involvement were renewed. I now use them for meditation or reflection, sometimes by purposefully choosing a card but more often by shuffling and asking for a card that applies to me or that I would connect with and it would provide insight and deep thought. I've also used them as a guide to help me keep myself in check, asking what traits to bring forward and which traits to leave behind ( example: at an upcoming work meeting that was sure to become heated).

My cards ground me and set the stage for inner reflection the way a solitary hike in nature would.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

О! Vi è, ovviamente, molto da sapere su questo. Penso che hai fatto alcuni buoni punti in dispone anche di. Continuare a lavorare, ottimo lavoro!